As a resident of Massachusetts, and a SharePointer, I have discovered I can’t easily find what’s going on around town. I know to check Boston SharePoint User Group, SharePoint Saturday, and others, but there is no central place for all local SharePoint events. What if someone puts together an event that’s not associated with a known avenue?
And if I missed an event, I would love to read up on it. Or if I did attend, it’d be nice to see what other Bostonians thought of it.
What if I wanted to see what others around Boston are blogging about? I know a few, and I could attend a SharePint (but I need to know where to look to know when those are). It would be awesome to have a site to go to where I can see what’s the latest and greatest in the Boston SharePoint blogging scene.
Look no more!
I’d like to introduce the new SharePoint for Boston channel on BostInno.com. You can check it out at http://bostinno.com/channel/sharepoint-2.
What is this new site, you ask? Well, it’s whatever you want it to be. A few SharePointers (Craig Pilkenton, Josh Kirchmeier and myself) thought it would be beneficial to have a place that’s focused on SharePoint in Boston.
What you can expect from this site:
- Events in and around Boston.
- Event articles from bloggers, and non-bloggers.
- Opinions and reviews of SharePoint, products and the like.
- Local bloggers digest.
- More? Sure!
What not to expect:
- Articles as marketing, all articles will be created by SharePointers, like yourself. We don’t want customers pushing their agenda on here. You can feel free to write an article about your favorite SharePoint product.
- Everything from one or two people. We really want your help! The more the merrier!
We are eager to get additional contributors: whether you blog or not, but want to announce an upcoming event, share your opinion about an event, a SharePoint product, quick tips, or SharePoint in general, let us know! You can email me, david.lozzi at slalom dot com, or leave a comment to this post, and I’ll get you hooked up.