My first CodePlex project! WOO HOO.
I saw some references online about being able to search as you type in the search box in SharePoint. I thought cool and continued searching and came across a few people who have done it. I compiled and took the stuff I liked from
- Jan Tielens’ post introducing the idea.
- Muhimbi’s post which took Jan’s post and cleaned it up a little and attached it to the SharePoint search box.
- John’s post which also took Muhimbi’s post and added wildcard search capabilities.
- Herve’s post which took Muhimbi’s post and focused it on people search and added paging.
and combined the above changes and features and created a single copy. So I made the follow modifications and merges
- Started with Muhimbi’s cleaned up version.
- Cleaned up the results list to make it a little more readable and user friendly.
- Added a more results link at the bottom to send the user to their full search page.
- Added paging from Herve’s post.
- Added wildcard search and fixed IE XML issue from John’s post.
I decided to post this up to CodePlex, seeing it’s becoming a community built effort anyway.
Get the latest and greatest at http://searchasyoutype2010.codeplex.com. See CodePlex for additional instructions.
This is great. Very nicely done.