If you’re not familiar with Evernote, it’s a note taking application with which you can store notes and access them on your mobile devices and computer. It helps catalog and track information, anything you need.
Here’s what I use it for, and why I love it!
- Images and photos are indexed (OCR), any legible characters, even handwriting, are searchable.
- Notebook for work related stuff like meeting notes, prpjects, and track my work log,
- Take photos of whiteboards and documents
- Store my code snippet library
- Using another app for handwriting on my tablet, I can take notes in my own handwriting and save to Evernote.
- Gift tracking, through out the year I track the items my wife says “oh I love this”, take a snap shot, add some keywords like store I’m in or sizes. Yeah, makes Christmas and birthdays so much easier!
- Household items like which paints were used in which rooms, what size the furnace filter is.
- Recipes, take a quick snap shot of somes recipes, or one i see in a magazine, and I got it. Search for BBQ and pull up some great sauces and rubs.
- Track my DIY projects, materials I need, photos of what I’m doing as I’m doing it, add some special notes about how to do it.
- Personal and reflective journaling.
- Using Chrome’s extension, I can clip web pages and save into Evernote for later reading.
- Keep track of what is in each box in the attic, snap shot of the contents and the outside of the box, and add a few keywords for searching.
- Write up blog posts, like this one, from my phone, tablet and computer.
- After a phone call while driving I can take a quick recording (native to Evernote), summing up the call. Once I land in front of a computer I can play it back and take action on it. Third party add ons available which will translate voice to text.
If you’re mobile, and have a smart phone, I highly recommend Evernote for any aspect of your life. Start using it, you’ll find uses for it just for you!