This is an issue I’m seeing a little too often on SharePoint installs. Trying to access a site that is hosted on the same server will prompt for login credentials 3 times then display Page Cannot be Found.
From what I’ve gathered it’s a loopback check issue. I don’t know all the technical issues behind it, but it happens and it’s an easy fix.
The fix is to disable the loopback check in the registry. I pulled the instructions on how to from MS KB 896861.
Method 2: Disable the loopback check
Follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
- Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.
I hope this helps!